The candidate should have passed the Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) Examination in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics with at least 60% marks from a Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education of Pakistan or an equivalent examination recognized by HEC. This criterion is in-line with the guidelines from Pakistan Engineering Council.
The following examinations are considered equivalent (for admission purposes) to the Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) Examination with Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics of the Pakistani Boards of Intermediate and Secondary Education:
- Intermediate (Pre-Engineering) Examination of the Board of Intermediate & Secondary Education, Azad Kashmir.
- Cambridge Overseas Higher School Certificate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- British General Certificate of Education (Advanced Level) with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- F.Sc. (Pre-Medical) with Mathematics as an additional subject.
- American High School Graduation Diploma (12th Grade) or equivalent.
- B.Sc. in double maths, physics from an HEC recognized university (separate merit determination).
- Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) with relevant subjects.
All the eligible candidates applying for admission will have to provide NAT IE Exam score conducted by National Testing Services (NTS) OR UET Combined Entry Test score to fulfill Admission Test requirements.